COMMON ISSUES RELATED TO MCAFEE VSE UPDATES:
- McAfee auto update failed.
- The McAfee update failed, unable to find a valid repository.
- McAfee DAT version is not updating.
- McAfee ePO DAT not updating.
- How to update McAfee DAT file manually.
- McAfee DAT file not updating
- McAfee ePO DAT update schedule.
There are several issues which you may face during the use of an old version of the product. McAfee has also stopped releasing new updates for the McAfee VSE now but you can get the support for visiting mcafee.com/activate or contact McAfee Support for the help.
The issue ‘McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Autoupdate failed’ can be appearing due to several reasons like fails to update DAT files. You can try to perform some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue.
STEPS TO FIX MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN ENTERPRISE 8.8 AUTOUPDATE FAILED – MCAFEE SUPPORT:
- First, you need to open your web browser and visit http://update.nai.com and ensure that you can download DAT file.
- In order to make sure that you need to open VirusScan Console from the start menu.
- Now select Tools, click Edit Autoupdate Repository List and then uncheck all the boxes beside McAfee ePO.
- You are now required to run Auto update and then also check whether you can download the file from ePO server.
- Follow the above steps again and then run Auto update again.
If you are facing the same error after following the above procedure then you need to update the DAT file manually for VSE.
STEPS TO UPDATE DAT FILE MANUALLY:
ACQUIRE THE LATEST DAT FILE:
- First, you need to create temporary folder C:\DAT and then download the latest DAT file online.
- In order to download DAT file visit the manufacturer website and then download the zip file.
STOP THE MCAFEE SERVICES:
- First, you need to click on the start button, select Programs and then click McAfee.
- Now select VirusScan Console, double-click on the Access Protection.
- Uncheck the checkbox in front of Prevent McAfee services from being stopped, click Ok and then exit the VirusScan console.
- Now open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R altogether.
- Type “services.msc” in the search box and then press enter.
- In the service manager, right click on the McAfee McShield and McAfee Framework to stop the services.
- Now exit the services screen.
EXTRACT THE DAT FILE:
- Now you need to unzip the downloaded file using Winzip or any other tool.
- Select avvnames.dat, avvscan.da, and avvclean.dat and then copy all of them.
- Now search for the Engine directory and then paste the copied file in the Engine directory.
- Click Yes to replace all the files with the new files, when prompted.
RESTART MCAFEE SERVICES:
- Press R key while holding the Windows key to open the Run dialog box and then press enter after typing “services.msc”.
- Now click on the start, select Programs and click McAfee then VirusScan Console to make changes in the VirusScan Console.
- Tick the checkbox in front of the Prevent McAfee services from being stopped and click Ok, after double-clicking the Access Protection.
- Now exit the VirusScan Console.
MAKE SURE YOU UPDATED LATEST DAT VERSION:
- Click on the start button, go to Programs, select McAfee and then click VirusScan Console.
- Now click Help About and check which version has installed.
By updating the DAT file manually, you may resolve the McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Autoupdate failed error. If you need any help regarding the McAfee VSE then contact McAfee Support or visit mcafee.com/activate.