Mcafee update Security not working SharePoint DAT – If Mcafee update Security not working for SharePoint DAT then you may be required to update the security for SharePoint DAT manually. You need to update the DATVersion value also in the SystemState registry key, to update the Security for SharePoint. Here we are going to discuss the step by step procedure to update the Security for SharePoint DAT manually.
MCAFEE UPDATE SECURITY NOT WORKING SHAREPOINT DAT
STEPS TO UPDATE SECURITY FOR SHAREPOINT MANUALLY:
DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION OF DAT:
- In order to download the latest version of DAT, you need to open a web-browser.
- Type www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/engines.asp?region=us &segment=enterprise in the address bar at the top of the browser.
- Click Agree, to accept the Security updates agreement, when prompted and then click DATs.
- Now right click on the Windows & Netware dat-xxxx.zip file from the DAT file section and then click Save Target as.
- Search for the location where you want to save the file and then click Save.
- Double click on the downloaded file to extract the DAT file after the successful download.
STEPS TO UPDATE THE DAT FILE MANUALLY:
- First of all, you need to create a new directory such as <Security_for_SahrePoint_Install_Location>\bin\DATs, and then paste the .DAT file in it.
- Open My Computer by double-clicking on it and then search the recently created directory.
- Now create a new folder within the DATs folder and then give the folder name as a major and minor version of DAT and then press enter.
- Search for .DAT file, copy the updated file and then paste it to the recently created folder.
UPDATE WINDOWS REGISTRY MANUALLY:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the R key along with Windows key, type regedit in the search box and then click Ok.
- Now search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\McAfee PortalShield\SystemState in the registry key.
- Open the DATVersion registry value by double-clicking on it.
- Now you need to type the name as the Value Date of the previously created directory and then close the registry editor.
You need to follow the above procedure if you want to update the security for the Sharepoint DAT manually. In case of any difficulty you may contact McAfee Support or visit us at mcafee.com/activate for the help and 24/7 support.