These days, the greater part of the phishing endeavours have been made by sending the connection to the client’s email address in extensive number, remembering the way that somebody could be tricked to refresh his own points of interest.
In this manner, the prestigious tech organization, McAfee has incorporated the element of email checking as one of its inbuilt highlights to its McAfee Virus Scan setup to secure the clients against phishing endeavors.
The inbuilt highlights Email Scanning naturally filters the messages recovered to the clients’ email account. In the wake of checking the sends having the connections that may download the undesirable records to the gadget will be consequently set apart as spam to the clients’ record.
Regardless of having various favorable circumstances of email filtering, in some cases, the clients need to incapacitate the email examining highlight as they may confront a few issues while sending or accepting the messages.
Steps to disable the Email Scanning are as follows
- Firstly, select the Shield icon of McAfee Virus Scan on the taskbar of the device, by right-clicking on it.
- After this, click the “Change Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- A window will be prompted on the screen. Here, tap the “Real-Time Scanning” option.
- On the Real-Time Scanning panel, go to the “Scan these attachments and locations” section.
- And then, unmark the checkbox in front of “Email Attachments” option to disable the feature of Email Scanning.
(If the users are not able to locate the emails attachments option or locate the email scanning feature then, they may call the McAfee.com/activate Customer Support.)
- At last, click the “Apply” option for saving the entire changes made by the users.
- Now, the users may try to send the emails using their email account.
This has been recommended to disable the feature of email scanning temporarily to avoid the download of undesired files, known as virus files to the device. Thus, once the users successfully send their mail to the receiver then, they may again enable the Emails Scanning by following the steps detailed below:
- Again, launch the “Change Settings” window, by right-clicking the McAfee Virus Scan Shield icon.
- Now, on the “Change Settings” window, go to the “Real-Time Scanning” panel.
- And then, mark the “emails attachments” checkbox, under “Scan these attachments and locations” section.
- At last, click the “Apply” button. Thus, the changes made by the users will be saved.